Page Templates allow you to change the look and feel of your pages without the use of coding. Templates only apply to pages. Different templates can be applied to different pages, depending on the use of that page and the display you desire.
Editing your Page Templates
To change the page template of an existing page, or to add a new page and configure the page template, follow these steps:
- Log in to the back-end of your website
- Select the “Pages” menu item on your WordPress Dashboard
- Select the “add new” option at the top of the page if adding a new page, or select a previously uploaded page
- If creating a new page, fill in the desired content you wish to display on the page (If editing an existing page, continue to the next step)
- Underneath the “publish/update” button , you will notice a field area titled “Page Attributes”
- Select the dropdown menu located under the sub-title “Template”
- Here you can select one of the previously mentioned page templates included with the LSX theme
- Select the “Preview” option in the right corner of the editing page to view the template on the front-end before publishing the page.
LSX Supported Page Templates:
Default Page Template
This template gives you a standard page display. The display includes a sticky header/footer full-width section capabilities (standard page title excluded).
Archives page template
Apply this template to display an archive of your posts in the following format:
- Last 30 days
- By Categories
- Monthly Archives
Front page Template
This template is used to display your homepage in a full-screen layout, while your content is centralised on the page. This combines with the Tour Operator Plugin to create fantastic Tour Operator based homepages.
Applying this template to display a full page width of 1140px.
Full-width Template (no margins)
Apply this template to display your content spanning the entire width of the screen. This includes no margins.
No Sidebar Template
Apply this template to display the selected page without a pre-configured sidebar. (if sidebar is active).
Sitemap page Template
This template allows you to display a Sitemap page layout. The sitemap is configured to display in the following order:
- Post per category
WC Thank you Page
This page template is available when using the Woocommerce store plugin on your LSX run site. Selecting this template will automatically turn the page into your thank you page for your store!