To download the LSX Blog Customizer Extension, follow the steps below:
You can also download and install the Blog Customizer extension directly from the backend of your website
- Login to the backend of your website.
- Navigate to the “Plugins” dashboard item.
- Select “Add New” when on the plugins page.
- Search for “LSX Blog Customizer” in the plugin search bar.
- Download and activate the plugin.
Configuring your Blog with the Blog Customizer
Once the plugin is activated. Navigate to your customizer and head to the new section labelled “Blog”
Navigating to the Customizer
There are two ways you can navigate to your customizer:
- Select “Customize” from the top dashboard menu when viewing the front-end of your website
- Navigate to your website, and login by entering your username and password into the fields provided after you follow your website URL with the slug “/wp-admin” (eg: mysitename.com/wp-admin)
- From your Dashboard, select your site name next to the WordPress Icon in the corner of your Dashboards top menu
- Select the “view site” option
- You should now be viewing your website’s homepage. Select the “Customize option” from the top menu bar.
- Once on the Customizer, you will notice the new section labelled “Blog”.
- Select the Blog option.
- Selecting Customize from the Dashboard.
- Navigate to your website, and login to the back-end of your website.
- Navigate to your Dashboard, and hover over the menu item labelled “Appearance”.
- Select the sub-menu item “Customize”.
- Once on the Customizer, you will notice the new section labelled “Blog”. Select it.
Blog Customizer Options
There are now options to configure every part of your blog. View the menu options available:
General – Customise the look & feel of the blog archives and blog post pages.
- Display date – Display post date in blog archives and blog post pages.
- Display author – Display post author in blog archives and blog post pages.
- Display categories – Display post categories in blog archives and blog post pages.
- Display tags – Display post tags in blog archives and blog post pages.
Main Blog Page – Customise the look & feel of the main blog page:
- Description – Add a description that is visible before posts list on blog main archive.
- Post category carousel – All of your post categories will display here in checkboxes. Once selected they will be added to a carousel above your main blog posts on the archive. Example below:
Archives – Customise the look & feel of the blog archives:
- Full width – Display blog archives in a full width layout.
- Excerpt/content – Display excerpt/content on blog archives.
- Full content – Display full content on blog archives.
- Front-end layout switcher – Display layout switcher (list X grid) on front-end.
- Layout – Default layout on blog archives.
Single Posts – Customise the look & feel of the blog post pages:
- Full width – Give the single blog post pages a full width layout.
- Display related posts – Display related posts in blog post pages.
- Display posts navigation – Display posts navigation in blog post pages.